Real World Practice
and Pathways to the Future
For centuries opioids have cycled in and out of favor in the healing pharmacopoeia as societies have struggled to find a balance in use of these powerful medications that supports their valuable role in healing while avoiding harm.
According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control, however, as the clinical use of opioids has risen over the past two decades, opioid-associated harm has risen in parallel. Researchers, educators, practitioners and policy makers are all intensively working to address this challenges. Working together, can we finally find means in the early twenty-first century to use opioids for healing without harm?
Please join us at the 2014 International Conference on Opioids as we explore emerging opioid research and initiatives aimed at improving care and reducing harm. This year we have assembled the best and brightest minds in opioid analgesics who will share their real world knowledge on opioid therapies as well as chart the future of opioids in medicine. Among the many topic areas covered at 2014 ICOO:
• Pharmacologic innovations: new molecules and enhanced delivery systems
• Best practices in opioid prescribing for both pain and addiction treatment
• The latest in opioid management including opioid rotation
• Innovative provider education systems to improve practice
• Phenomenology, identification and management of opioid misuse
• Federal policies to reduce opioid associated harm and much more!
Join us in Boston, June 8-10, 2014!
Visit our conference schedule for a full listing of speakers and topics.
Why should you attend?
This intensive 2+ day program led by renowned specialists is designed to inform primary care physicians,
pain specialists, pharmacists and others with an interest in applied opioid pharmacology
and the public health with new data and essential information in the best practices,
abuses and legal ramifications of opioids.
The conference features a full schedule of topics and speakers
who will address all aspects of the medical use of opioids.
• Hear about exciting developments in opioid neurology and pharmacology• Learn the latest concepts, ethics and legal aspects of opioid management from top medical professionals• Gain an understanding of the newest methodologies for delivery of opioids• Participate in constructive panel discussions and case studies with top professionals in opioid management• Take advantage of meeting leaders and networking with colleagues.
Register today and be an active participant in the future of opioids!